Oklahoma City Family Divorce Lawyer

Enforcement of Settlement Agreements

Over the course of a divorce, you will probably have to make many agreements. Once you and your spouse come to these agreements on topics like property division, child custody, alimony, and child support, it is expected that you both will stand by them. If your ex-spouse fails to meet the agreements laid out during your divorce, contact an Oklahoma City family lawyer immediately to discuss an enforcement of settlement agreements.

Divorce settlement agreements are logical things, but the complicated nature of a divorce can make agreements go awry for many different reasons. A spouse may suddenly lack the money for regular scheduled alimony or child support payments, or may balk on agreed-upon divisions of property or keep you away from your children out of spite. When anything like this happens, it takes the agreement from simple to a complex area of legality.

Our Oklahoma City Family Lawyer Can Help You

If you have been shorted by your spouse, a good family lawyer can help you hold your spouse accountable. It is the law for both spouses to comply with settlement agreements, and failing to can have severe consequences. Depending on the severity of your case, your lawyer can help you and your spouse work out a modification of agreements, or seek an enforcement order in court that can compel your spouse to comply by garnishing wages until your losses have been met.

With our firm, our Oklahoma City family lawyers have had great success representing clients on both sides of settlement enforcement cases. Whether you are seeking or fighting settlement agreement enforcement, you can’t afford to go unrepresented. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with a top Oklahoma City family lawyer today.